Terms & Conditions
Booking Terms and Conditions
The hiring contract is between the Holidaymaker and Birchbrae Highland Lodges and is subject to the following booking conditions.
1. Reservations, Payment and Prices
a) Bookings are not guaranteed for a specific lodge except for Lodge 5 (disabled friendly lodge). Bookings may be moved to another lodge unless specifically requested at the time of booking.
b) A deposit of £150 or 25% of the full cost of the stay, whichever is the greater, is due at the time of booking. A booking is not secure until the appropriate deposit is paid.
c) Full payment of the outstanding balance is required at least 56 days prior to the arrival date. The final payment will be automatically taken on the due date using the payment card details provided unless you inform us of an alternative payment method. A 2.5% surcharge will be added for credit card payments. Birchbrae Highland Lodges reserves the right to cancel the booking if full payment is not received by the due date and the deposit paid will be forfeited.
d) The price quoted at the time of booking is guaranteed not to increase. However, no refunds will be permitted if prices are lowered or if any special offers are offered for the period of your booking.
e) Bookings made where Birchbrae Highland Lodges do not have payment card details are required to provide a £50 housekeeping bond (per lodge) by cheque or cash, which is returnable in full after inspection of each vacated property.
2. Cancellation by the Holidaymaker / Refunds and Insurance
a) Cancellations must be made in writing by the holidaymaker. The monies already paid will not be refunded.
b) We strongly advise you to take out your own holiday cancellation insurance as we cannot refund any monies upon cancellation.
3. Group bookings and number of persons
a) The number of people occupying the lodge must not exceed six persons. If this condition is broken, the owners are entitled to ask the holidaymaker to leave and no monies will be refunded.
b) Multiple lodge bookings are not accepted unless by prior agreement. If you wish to make a reservation for more than one lodge, our group bookings policy will apply (please contact us for details). Group bookings are required to provide a £50 housekeeping bond (per lodge), by cheque or cash, which is returnable in full after inspection of each vacated property.
Please note we do not accept ‘celebratory groups’, where there is a likelihood of disruption to our other guests. If it is likely that your group may be of this nature we respectfully ask that you do not make a booking.
4. Holidaymaker’s responsibilities
a) The holidaymaker must leave the property and its contents in the same condition as at the start of the holiday. The owners will be entitled to levy an additional charge if the property and its environs are left in a dirty condition.
b) The holidaymaker will be responsible for compensating Birchbrae Highland Lodges for the loss or damage of any property and contents during the holiday. Damages caused will be charged to the cardholders account.
c) The holidaymaker will be responsible for compensating Birchbrae Highland Lodges for any consequential loss of income if the property is left in an unrentable condition.
d) All lodges are strictly no smoking. A charge will be levied if there are any signs of smoking inside the lodges (and clause 4c will apply).
e) The holidaymaker must return all keys and membership cards at the end of their stay. A charge will be levied if either the keys or membership cards are not returned on the day of departure.
5. Leisure and Golf facilities The use of the leisure club and golfing are subject to availability and do not form part of the booking contract.
6. Pets Two dogs per unit are allowed. Dogs must be kept on a lead around the Lodges, must not be left in the Lodge on their own, must be kept off the furniture including sofas and beds and you must poop scoop after them. Owners must provide suitable bedding. Damage caused by pets will be charged to the cardholders account.
7. Arrival and Departure Check in is from 4pm on the day of arrival. The lodge must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure. Failure to vacate the lodge by this time will result in additional charges and any consequential losses.